Visit the alluring and exotic country of Cambodia and discover its incredible combination of dramatic landscapes, captivating cultural and historical heritage, and of course its friendly people. Visitors from the world over have fallen in love with Cambodia, with its enchanting and unique Asian culture, and complex and mystical ambience.
Once known as the Khmer empire, Cambodia is perhaps best known for its monumental temples, especially that of Angkor Wat - finalist in the edition of the new 7 wonders of the world in 2006. It is without doubt a country of incredible beauty, scattered with temples, fertile rice fields and a rich and interesting history.
Apply for the chance to work alongside a local team helping with the conservation of one of Cambodia’s best kept secrets, the temples surrounding Banteay Chhmar! Help in preserving and conserving the temples around Banteay Chhmar, some of which have been hidden and covered by the forest, causing them to remain mostly undiscovered.
• Immerse yourself in true Khmer culture
• Gain a lifetime of wonderful friends and incredible memories
• Participate in the conservation and preservation of local history and culture
• Create cultural exchange opportunities the locals
Location Banteay Chhmar, Cambodia
• Explore hidden temples
• Gain practical experience in conservation efforts and archaeology
• Develop the curriculum for future volunteers!
• Building community support for the work you will do
Transport Airport Pick-up
Before you go
• Pre-departure support
• Travel advice & documentation
• Kit advice
• Discounted medical kit
• Free Frontier T-shirt (UK Only)
• Airport pick up
• Accommodation and food
• Local orientation & comprehensive project training
• 24 hour in-country support
• International HQ emergency support & back-up
A variety of qualifications are available on many of our projects. For example, BTEC certificates and diplomas on our Group conservation projects and TEFL certificates and BTECs on most of our teaching projects. You may also be able to gain a CoPE to support your university application. For more information on these qualifications, please see the qualifications section of our website or ask your volunteer advisor.