Reassurance for my Biology Career!

16 Jan 2020 13:15 PM

I’m Max and I’ve been with Frontier in Tenerife for the conservation of whales and dolphins. At first, I expected this trip to be just a bit interesting and useful for my uni application. Instead I was given a fantastic, unforgettable and inspiring experience. I have been extremely lucky on this trip because on my second day of going out on the whale spotting boat, we stumbled across a massive pod of Atlantic spotted dolphins. 

This was truly a once in a lifetime experience as I’ve never seen dolphins before, and to see them surfing along with the boat and breaching the water high into the sky was simply breath-taking. The resident species are the bottlenose dolphin and the short-finned pilot whales. I went from never seeing a cetacean in my life, to observing them on a daily basis. However, the best part of this trip has been its revitalisation of my ambition to become a biologist. I had doubts about whether this was really the career path for me, but after seeing the amazing experiences and incredible people involved with conservation, my ambitions have solidified, and my future appears much brighter.

APPLY NOW and make a difference!

By Max - Frontier Tenerife Volunteer

Frontier runs terrestrial & marine conservationcommunityteaching and adventure projects in over 50 countries - join us and explore the world!