One on One with: Operations

3 Nov 2019 15:30 PM

When Frontier opened its doors for work shadowing, we saw students coming from across the country and sacrificing their half terms for a day's experience at an NGO.

Ellie Hogg, in Year 13 at Ponteland High School, came all the way from Newcastle to join our Operations Department for the day! While she was here, she got experience in managing projects and overseeing our volunteer experiences. We asked her how she got on...

What job would you like to do in the future?

I would really like to be working in an NGO or in humanitarian aid based around international development

What areas of conservation and the environment are you most interested in?

I am most interested in preventing the extinction of endangered species across the world – obviously climate change and other factors affect this which I also am very interested in too.

What work have you been up to during your work-shadowing placement?

I have been creating a summary of a new volunteering experience, putting together all of the important information into one document.

Do you think your experience in our London Headquarters has interested you to pursue a career in your desired field?

Yes – I have found the experience very interesting!

How did you find your day with Frontier?

Very enjoyable, the staff were very kind and provided me with lots of help throughout the day!

Would you recommend a work-shadowing placement?

Yes, it would be a very good experience for people who may want to pursue a career in conservation or related careers.