One on One with: Conservation & Research Work Shadower

29 Oct 2019 17:05 PM

When Frontier opened its doors for work shadowing, we saw students coming from across the country and sacrificing their half terms for a day's experience at an NGO.

Tawana Gandiyah, a Year 13 student from Dartford Grammar School, joined our Conservation & Research Department for a day to experience what it was like to work in conservation research. Here's what she had to say...

What job would you like to do in the future?

I would like a career in Zoology and media so I can do Wildlife film-making! But I would also enjoy working in Ecotourism or scientific research.

What areas of conservation and the environment are you most interested in?

I'm fascinated by the impact of humans on the environment and wildlife in tropical and remote areas.

What work have you been up to during your work-shadowing placement?

I've been carrying out research on an area of conservation that is underrepresented in the media and what I would do to solve it. I've also been speaking to the staff at Frontier about what they do.

Do you think your experience in our London Headquarters has interested you to pursue a career in your desired field?

Definitely; seeing all the work that they do in different areas of the world and the programmes they do to promote conservation has been exciting.

How did you find your day with Frontier?

I had a very insightful experience and I learned a lot about the scientific reports that are made here.

Would you recommend a work-shadowing placement?

Yes!