Digital Marketing Intern: My Nguyen

17 Oct 2019 10:45 AM

My Nguyen, 26, recently graduated from her MBA from Anglia Ruskin University. With a keen interest in wildlife and conservation, My decided to join Frontier's Marketing department as a Digital Marketing Intern. Spending most of her life in Vietnam, and having travelled extensively across South East Asia and Europe, My wants to bring her passion for world travel and communicate this through creating online content. We asked her about her time with us at Frontier...

Why did you choose Frontier?

Frontier is a scientific research NGO that has 30 years of experience in wildlife & marine conservation and community support. I am very passionate about marketing, design, research, travelling and working with animals so I decided to begin my Marketing career journey with Frontier.

What are your duties?

As digital marketing intern, my daily tasks involve: assisting the Head of Marketing and the team in managing social media channels; analysing the organisation's online marketing performance; and compiling and consolidating reports and ad-hoc tasks. I learn new things every day working at Frontier, from both my line manager and from my team members - no day is the same day!

What interests you within the conservation field?

I am interested by the many rare species of animals in danger, climate change, and human suffering. This is what has motivated me to make more of an effort in protecting the planet – our only home.

What does the future hold?

“Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything”.

Working with Frontier has enabled me to witness how so much effort is put into conservation and environmental protection. I will take the experience I have encountered at Frontier and continue to inspire people around me on protecting our planet regardless of industry and field.

Who would you recommend this internship to?

I strongly recommend the internship to anyone who is in love with conservation and wants to contribute to protecting wildlife and the environment. It also provides an ideal opportunity to gain first-hand experience in an NGO knowing that you are making a difference every day. This internship is of course, perfect for anyone who would like to pursue a career within marketing, or specifically digital marketing, as it is the ideal stepping-stone for further development.