Research and Development Intern: Neve Lynch

15 Oct 2019 17:05 PM

In the midst of her Biology degree, Neve Lynch (20) is on a placement year from studying at the University of Leeds. Having been on project with Frontier before, she’s made the leap from volunteer to intern. We chat with her about her experience with us so far…

Why did you choose Frontier? 

I chose to do my placement with Frontier as I had previously volunteered with them on their Tenerife project and really enjoyed the work they were doing. I wanted to learn more about how an NGO that focusses on conservation runs.

What are your duties?

I help with writing proposals for grants that fund the projects we run. I also help proofread science reports that we receive from all our projects to correct any minor errors.

What interests you within the conservation field?

I am interested in tropical conservation as there are probably many undiscovered species in these areas. The impact of animal agriculture is also a big problem in the destruction of tropical forests.

What does the future hold?

I am aiming to do a Masters in ecology and conservation biology and continue into the area of research.

Who would you recommend this internship to?

I would recommend this internship to anyone who is interested in a career in conservation, charity or community work as you get to learn about the individual projects and the research they’re doing, as well as all the things that goes into running a non-profit organisation.