Overseas Operations Intern - Lautaro R. Alvarez

28 Feb 2017 12:15 PM

My role consists of supervising and supporting several projects we currently run worldwide.

Despite only joining the team recently, I have been given a lot of responsibilities and opportunities to voice my thoughts and ideas from day 1.

Travelling has always been a big part of my life and I am lucky to have been able to visit more than twenty countries and most continents. I always found the immeasurable gap between less economically developed countries and more developed ones to be fascinating in terms of culture, philosophy and resilience to adversity. Traveling has also opened my eyes to global issues both human and environmental that have compelled me to follow a career path that is focused on solving difficult challenges.

Every time I have a chance I will explore a new place, city or country, I will. I enjoy learning about their history, their culture and how they reconcile environmental issues. It is fascinating to see how in some cases traditional knowledge is more efficient at mitigating issues than new technologies.

My goal is to become a sustainable development consultant and to be able to take part in this internship at Frontier will help me thrive in my professional development. I encourage anyone that also sees conservation and environmental protection as a fundamental philosophy, to take part in any of our projects.

Overall I am tremendously excited about being one of the newest members of Frontier’s UK London staff!

By Lautaro R. Alvarez - Overseas Operations Intern

Frontier runs terrestrial & marine conservationcommunityteaching and adventure projects in over 50 countries - join us and explore the world!