Events And Marketing Intern - Rik Tuinstra

23 Feb 2017 12:40 PM

My name is Rik, I was born and lived in The Netherlands my whole life. Growing up I always felt the urge to explore the beauty of the world.

I was always interested in learning about other cultures and places, so it was no coincidence that I started to get a passion for travelling. When I had to choose a subject to study it was obvious that I would study Leisure and Tourism. I am currently in my 3rd year of university in The Netherlands and we have to do an internship program within the studies. From very early on in my course I knew I wanted to go and live abroad in my 3rd year so here I am! I lived and studied in York for 4 months and now live in the city of my dreams: London. I know I will gain valuable experiences from this and learn a lot about myself as a person. They say every place you visit changes you in some way, and I feel like this is certainly true.

I chose to work as an Events and Marketing Intern for Frontier because I love the work the organisation does. I feel very lucky to get the chance to work for a company that safeguards the biodiversity and contributes to a sustainable world to keep all the beauty alive. I hope that during this internship I will gain valuable experience in presenting which will be really helpful in many ways in my life. I hope to inspire others to make this world a better place and gain travel experiences they will remember their whole lives.

Frontier runs terrestrial & marine conservation, community, teaching and adventure projects in over 50 countries - join us and explore the world!