Overseas Operations Intern - Yemaya Lee-Hewitt - Frontier

22 Feb 2017 13:25 PM

Having only just started my Overseas Operations internship, I still have a promising 6 months ahead. All of the teams; interns and full timers alike are really friendly, giving the nicest vibe to the Frontier London HQ.

Becoming part of the Overseas Operations team gives me hands on experience in the logistics, planning and problem solving that comes with the group projects. Day to day I have a large involvement in the recruitment of Field staff, and considering I haven’t been here long I can tell each day will be different. Already I have personally screened and summarised all reports from the projects for this time of the year, I love that it allows me to have a direct line and deep insight into the scientific research and the general day to day life.

My experiences from past expeditions I've been involved with in Southern East Asia; volunteering in an English teaching school in Kep Cambodia and the short period of time I studied in a college in Beijing, apart from being a great experience, I feel has given me a solid foundation of knowledge that can be applied to the type of procedures that occur in running the Frontier N.G.O projects.

Being fully committed to a future in wildlife biology and conservation, I continue to expand my awareness of the industry, and wanting to do so was one of my sole reasons for pursuing an internship with Frontier. For me, being placed in an organisation that is at the heart of Conservation and Research projects globally is an invaluable opportunity; I'm really excited to see where this placement will take me!

By Yemaya Lee-Hewitt - Overseas Operations Intern

Frontier runs terrestrial & marine conservation, community, teaching and adventure projects in over 50 countries - join us and explore the world!