Project Coordinator Intern - Freya Mohamed

17 Feb 2017 16:30 PM

Photo Credit | Frontier

The environment, and in particular how it interacts with local communities, has interested me for as long as I can remember. 

Having been brought up in many countries, namely Denmark, Belgium and Uganda, I was exposed to varying ecosystems, and breath-taking landscapes and wildlife.  In particular, during my 8 years in Uganda, my passion for the environment flourished.  Although I did my undergraduate degree in Archaeology and Anthropology at UCL, I came out of it eager to pursue a career in Environmental Management and Conservation.  It is for this reason that I applied for the internship, where I was fortunate enough to be chosen.  I am also studying three modules from the Centre for Development, Environment and Policy at SOAS.  You could say that I am keeping myself pretty busy!

When I’m not working, you’ll likely find me at the gym or in the pool.  When I have time, I’m also quite the avid traveller: I have visited over 24 countries in the last 21 years.  Here’s to many more!

All in all, I am hoping that this internship builds my passion for, and knowledge of, conservation, and gives me some valuable skills to use after I finish my Masters degree in a few years.  And who knows, perhaps you’ll soon find me conducting research in the field on a Frontier project (here’s hoping)!

By Freya Mohamed - Project Coordinator Intern

Frontier runs terrestrial & marine conservation, community, teaching and adventure projects in over 50 countries - join us and explore the world!