Project Coordinator Intern
To assist with all aspects of new project development, review and maintenance of Frontier Group and Partner projects whilst ensuring the effective coordination of volunteer training and pre-departure preparation.
GENERAL OUTLINE OF THE ROLE
To assist the Volunteer Coordinator and Partner Projects Manager with the following:
- Providing information about projects, expeditions, fundraising, medical and safety issues, insurance, kit requirements, travel arrangements, and cultural issues for all volunteers;
- Developing positive relationships for Frontier through mailings, advertising, public relations, listings and the website
- Working closely with the Partner Projects Manager to help develop new and exciting conservation and research projects globally
- Help with coordinating, planning and implementing the briefing and training weekends for volunteers;
- Continually review and maintain effective marketing literature and project specific information through project feedback from the field.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To assist the Volunteer Co-ordinator and Partner Projects Manager with the following:
- To advise on international travel arrangements and other pre-departure queries for the volunteers;
- To help co-ordinate the quarterly deployment of all volunteers and expedition equipment;
- To manage the administration and sale of expedition kit for volunteers;
- To assist with the quarterly briefing and training weekends, including the recruitment of ex-volunteers and staff, production of briefing material, and organising the food, accommodation and briefing rooms;
- To be responsible for the continual improvement of Frontier’s photographic library;
- To provide information to country HQs overseas as and when necessary;
- To develop the debriefing process for ex-volunteers;
- To maintain databases for former volunteers, media contacts, production contacts, schools and universities, and counterpart organisations;
- To arrange mailings to schools and universities, and respond to their queries;
- To attend fairs and events, promoting Frontier to potential volunteers;
- To ensure that listing information in relevant publications and websites is current;
- To assist with advertising, press relations and website maintenance;
- To develop and co-ordinate the recruitment sessions, including organising presentation material, recruiting staff to assist;
- To send out information packs, answer general enquiries from prospective volunteers and monitor enquiry and application numbers;
- To run the administrative side of the office, including ensuring sufficient stationery and information pack supplies;
- To maintain health and safety standards;
- Any other task which the Managing Director requests.
- To assist with volunteer recruitment by attending careers fairs and giving presentations as required by the Events and Outreach Co-ordinator.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your motivations and experience for the role to email@example.com
View Job Description PDF
job category :
job type (s):
job area (s) :
deadline for applications : No deadline
To apply for Frontier jobs online, please use the "Apply Now" link below.