Conservation Project Manager- Beqa
This is a unique opportunity to independently manage and develop Frontier’s overseas projects in the field with supervision from the London Headquarters.
The Project Manager will have overall administrative control of the field projects including volunteer communications, financial management, equipment resupply and maintenance, comprehensive reporting procedures, volunteer and staff recruitment, management of local relations and networks, fundraising for the project and the supervision of local staff.
- Organise the efficient reception and deployment of all project personnel;
- Supervising the arrival, briefing, and deployment of new project staff;
- Administration and control of project budgets and production of accounts and reports to London HQ;
- Management of all project resources and equipment of Frontier projects including sourcing, purchasing, and generally acquiring equipment for field projects;
- Development of new aspects to field projects or extending current programmes through liaison with national authorities, research institutes and international research, teaching, tourism and educational agencies, and preparation of project proposals to secure new contracts and funding;
- Administration and control of project budget, ensuring that expenditure does not exceed allocated funds. Over spending will be recovered from future budgets.
- Ensure H&S standards are maintained at all times, reviewed regularly and updated when necessary;
- Collating and reviewing internal reports and equipment inventories from projects;
- Maintaining and managing communications between field projects, volunteers and London HQ;
- Providing project specific information once the volunteer has paid the initial deposit;
- Advising and preparing volunteers with regards to their project details, insurance, arrival details, equipment requirements and kit lists;
- Organise appropriate visa support letters and travel paperwork;
Local competitive salary with subsistence expenses and on-site accommodation provided. In addition there will be a contribution towards airfare.
Target related bonus packages in addition to salary package.
Pre-departure training provided.
Basic accommodation provided at field project.
Employer’s liability insurance provided.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your motivations and experience for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
View Job Description PDF
job category :
job type (s):
job area (s) :
deadline for applications : No deadline